Monday, December 3, 2007

Greetings from Bethlehem!

Greetings, one and all! I'm sitting in an internet cafe just 50 yards from the Church of the Nativity, the spot of Jesus' birth! It is a great joy to be here in the Holy Land!

We arrived in Bethelehm about 5:00 am on Saturday, December 1st after 28 hours or so of travel. We had a 10 hour layover in Zurich, Switzerland as part of that, so we spent a little time downtown poking around a little. Once we got here, most of us spent the next 24 hours or so just recovering a little from the two long flights. Today we had our first classes, on the Spirituality of Pilgrimage, and one on Ecumenism. Both look promising.

Well, I just wanted to say hi, and let everyone know we got here safely. Soon I hope to have some pictures and links posted! In a few moments I will walk over the the Church of the Nativity to pray! I will remember you and your intentions.

God Bless,
Ben

No comments: